Tuesday 21 April 2009

Writer's Block and New Zealand

Sorry I haven't written anything over the past month.

Firstly, I have been trying to write my academic paper on the Cornish Republican Army and the Cornish rebellion of 1497 for publication. I say "Trying to write" as I seem to get stuck every few hundred or so words suffering from a "constipation of the mind." I have this problem of knowing what I am going to write, but struggling to put it down on the page.

Also I have been on a cricket tour to the South Island of N.Z, playing matches in Christchurch, Timaru, Invercargill and Oamaru. We didn't exactly cover ourselves with glory on the cricket field, but then we did come up against players who were junior state/province representatives, or who were coached by John Wright and Dipak Patel or who have played against Shane Bond and Brendon McCullum at club level. And some of the grounds were truly awesome:






Apart from playing cricket, we visited Mt. Cook, Queenstown, Lake Te Anau (and the glow-worm caves) and Dunedin, taking in the beautiful scenery the South Island has to offer:







No comments:

Post a Comment